Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP, is a management-only labor and employment law firm. We represent clients in litigation prevention and defense, class and collective actions, labor relations, benefits, immigration, workers’ compensation, wage and hour, occupational safety and health, and affirmative action. We also have a number of attorneys who are qualified mediators.
Our individual service areas include:
- Class Action Litigation
- Employee Benefits
- ERISA Litigation
- Affirmative Action
- Labor Relations
- Litigation; Employment Litigation Prevention and Defense
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Workplace Diversity Initiatives
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Litigation
Our Professional Philosophy
- We take a “real-world,” practical approach to clients’ legal problems.
- We maintain the highest legal and ethical standards in advising our clients.
- Our clients look at us as partners in their businesses. We listen to the clients, and provide legal advice consistent with their business goals.
- We believe that it is in companies’ best interests to treat their employees morally, ethically and with respect.
- We will look beyond the “symptom” to the “disease.” If a legal action appears to have more deep-rooted causes, we will help the client diagnose and cure them.
- We defend our clients vigorously and aggressively. If settlement or alternative dispute resolution appears to be in the client’s interests, we will say so. If the client prefers to settle – usually for economic reasons – we will assist our clients to achieve that aim.
- We make it a point to learn about our clients’ businesses in order to better understand and serve their interests.
- We are highly responsive to our clients in all service requests. We return calls and e-mails in a timely manner and try to be accessible under all circumstances.
- We prefer a long-term “marriage” with our clients. If the client wants us to handle a single, discrete matter, we are glad to assist. But we find that the most beneficial relationships are those based on a knowledgeable, longstanding and trusting relationship between attorney and client.
- We believe that our clients have the right to work with the firm attorneys with whom they feel most comfortable. Our attorneys have a broad and diverse range of backgrounds and experience.
- We value our relationships with all of our clients and provide equal priority to all clients regardless of size or level of services requested.
- We communicate in plain English. “Legalese” is not spoken here.